What better way to add summer broccoli to the menu than a cheesy, warm muffin?
This is a summer family recipe for broccoli.
Cooking and prep level: Basic.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time35 min
- Serving Size12
- 1 cup Broccoli, chopped and cooked (can be a leftover)
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Oats, rolled
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg, LG
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Green Onions, greens chopped
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese, grated + 12 tsp for tops
- Place rack in the middle of the oven and heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix the baking powder, flour, oats, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg, sugar, oil, milk, and mustard in another bowl. Add the broccoli, green onions, and cheese.
- Combine the contents of the two bowls well by adding the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter equally into muffin cups, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on the oven) until muffins are done.
- Do not let them over brown!