Adapted from Chilton Public Schools, WI
What a great way to serve a Grab and Go breakfast! Combining local yogurt, USDA frozen fruits, fresh seasonal berries, or dried Wisconsin cranberries, and sweet, local honey to create a fantastic healthy start to the school day.
This is a food service and CACFP recipe for local dairy, local honey, local strawberries, blueberries, and dried Wisconsin cranberries.
Prep and cooking level: Basic.
- Prep Time40 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time50 min
- Serving Size6.5 oz
- Energy347 cal
- HAACP Process1
- 400 ounces (12.5 32oz containers) Vanilla, low-fat yogurt, or Greek Yogurt
- 7.25 lbs dried cranberries OR
- 36 1/3 lbs Frozen mixed fruit, thawed and drained OR
- 35 lbs sliced/whole fresh Strawberries, Gooseberries, Bkueberries or other seasonal, fresh berries
- 50 Tbsp (25 oz) Local Honey
- 6 1/4 lbs granola, oats and honey, nut free
Line up 6 oz cups on a workspace counter, or on sheet pans.
Layer parfaits in order:
4 oz local, low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon, or a drizzle, of local honey
1/4 cup of chopped fresh or frozen fruit OR a 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
And top with 1 oz of granola for a tasty local dairy parfait!
This recipe has nutrition information based on the use of low-fat, vanilla yogurt (11 grams of protein per 8 oz), Quaker 100% Natural Oats and Honey Granola, and dried, sweetened cranberries.
Should you prefer to use a different brand/type of yogurt or granola, or use frozen USDA mixed fruits in place of cranberries, please re-evaluate the nutrition information for your version of this recipe.
To use for CACFP individual servings check here to be sure the yogurt is creditable. Check the meal pattern quantities here.
- 100 servings per container
- Serving Size6.5 oz
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat5.4 g6.92%
- Saturated Fat3.2 g16%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Cholesterol5.9 mg1.97%
- Sodium89.3 mg3.88%
- Total Carbohydrate71.2 g25.89%
- Dietary Fiber3.8 g13.57%
- Total Sugars52.4 g
- Protein8.5 g17%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)1.1 IU0.14%
- Calcium228 mg17.54%
- Iron1 mg5.56%
- Potassium393 mg8.36%
- Vitamin A50.1 mcg5.57%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)1.1 mg1.22%