You can include fresh garlic an ingredient in a dish, as added flavor to entrees and sauces, or roasted as a taste test item on crackers or french bread. Garlic can be added to quick pickled veggies and added to cold savory salads. Included on this website are featured curriculum connections for garlic, along with recipes for food service and early childcare.
Are you a registered site?
Click here to get to your password protected page with all of the resources you need!
What do registered sites get?
- A seasonal calendar with featured food options for each of the four seasons in Illinois
- Fun Facts and Nutrition Facts for over thirty foods!
- Harvest of the Month featured item icons for your menu grids, web page, social media accounts, and take-home communications
- Curricular activities, book lists and other educational activities for various education levels
- Recipes for food service, families at home, and early childhood
- A monthly Harvest Tips email with seasonal featured foods chock-full of celebration tips and ideas; recipes for early childhood and food service; fun facts and nutrition facts; and ways to grow, menu and share featured foods
- An Extension Kit to take your Harvest of the Month program into your community with take-home recipes and surveys, a grocery store kit containing recipe card templates and signage for produce displays
- Technical assistance for procurement; incorporation of foods and recipes into your meal program, garden program or culinary arts program; general program assistance and an opportunity to share your program’s progress with others through voluntary case studies