RAINBOW BELL PEPPER COUSCOUS
A light and tasty side dish packed full of flavor!
This is a summer family recipe for Bell peppers, fresh Herbs and Onions.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time12 min
- Total Time22 min
- Energy189 cal
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot or ½ small red onion, minced
- 3 medium red, yellow, green or orange bell peppers or a mix, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup whole wheat couscous
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the garlic and shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add ⅔ cup water, the bell peppers, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the peppers just begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the couscous, immediately cover and remove from the heat.
Let stand, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 7 minutes.
Transfer to a platter or large bowl and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
- 4 servings per container
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat5 g6.41%
- Saturated Fat1 g5%
- Cholesterol0 mg0%
- Sodium484 mg21.04%
- Total Carbohydrate32 g11.64%
- Dietary Fiber6 g21.43%
- Total Sugars5 g
- Protein6 g12%