THREE PEPPER SALAD
A bright and tasty salad using three colors of Bell peppers at the peak of the harvest.
This is a summer family recipe for Bell Peppers and fresh Herbs.
- Prep Time15 min
- Total Time15 min
- Energy50 cal
- 1 red sweet pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 orange sweet pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 small sweet onion (Walla Walla, Vidalia, or Maui), peeled
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Slice sweet peppers into match stick-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
Slice onion into match stick-size pieces and add to the bowl.
Add parsley or basil (your choice). Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Add rice vinegar and sesame oil, stirring to mix well.
Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour before serving. To serve, toss salad again and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese, or a tangy cheese of your choice.
The sweet taste of Bell peppers pares perfectly with the tanginess of Feta cheese. Three Pepper Salad makes a beautiful presentation with the various colors of the sweet peppers. It is so simple to make, very attractive, and so delicious! This salad also refrigerates well, and tastes great the next day.
- 6 servings per container
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat3.4 g4.36%
- Total Carbohydrate3.8 g1.38%