What a great way to upgrade grilled cheese!
This is a school food service recipe for Dairy and Spinach.
Cooking and Prep level: Basic.
- Prep Time55 min
- Cook Time45 min
- Total Time1 hr 40 min
- Serving Size1
- Energy481 cal
- HAACP ProcessSame Day
- 200 slices Whole Wheat sandwich bread
- 20 lbs 13 1/3 oz Baby Spinach, prewashed
- 10 lbs 6 2/3 oz Feta Cheese
- 10 lbs 6 2/3 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 lbs 1 1/3 oz Unsalted Butter
- 4 oz 4 3/4 grams Fresh Garlic, minced
Preparing the spinach filling
Melt 1 lb of butter in a very large skillet, or tilt skillet over medium heat.
Saute garlic for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until it’s liquid is released. Drain spinach mixture well by squeezing lightly to release more liquid.
Combine: spinach mixture, drained feta, and softened cream cheese in a large bowl.
Make the sandwiches
Lay 50 slices of bread out on a flat workspace.
Butter the bottom of each slice.
Scoop 6 oz, by weight, of the filling onto each slice of bread (unbuttered side) and spread across each slice.
Place the top slice of bread on each sandwich. Butter the top of the sandwiches.
Cook the sandwiches
Place sandwiches on sheet trays. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 5-8 minutes. Flip sandwiches and continue to bake an additional 5-8 minutes until golden brown and cheese mixture is slightly melted. CCP: Serve or hold at 140 degrees.
This recipe, developed by the Lunchbox, is a plant-forward recipe.
- 100 servings per container
- Serving Size1
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat26.51 g33.99%
- Saturated Fat16.42 g82.1%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Cholesterol84.59 mg28.2%
- Sodium1078 mg46.87%
- Total Carbohydrate41.85 g15.22%
- Dietary Fiber7.38 g26.36%
- Protein21 g42%
- Calcium331 mg25.46%
- Iron4.78 mg26.56%
- Vitamin A9963 mcg1107%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)26.92 mg29.91%