BUTTERNUT SQUASH RICE PILAF
A yummy way to incorporate butternut squash into an easy side dish.
This is an autumn family recipe for Hard Squash and fresh Herbs.
- Prep Time1 hr
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time1 hr 30 min
- 2 lbs. of butternut squash, peeled and diced small
- 2 cups of brown rice, uncooked
- 32 oz. of vegetable broth
- 1.5 Tbsp of curry powder
- ½ pound of frozen green peas
- 3-4 Tbsp of fresh basil, finely chopped (or 1 Tbsp dry basil)
- salt & pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, combine squash, brown rice, broth, water, and curry powder and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
Add green peas, stir to combine being careful to not mash the squash, and cook over low heat for five minutes or until the rice is just tender. Stir in basil.
- 8 servings per container
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*