Adapted from Chilton Public Schools, WI
What a great way to serve a Grab and Go breakfast! Combining local yogurt, USDA frozen fruits, fresh seasonal berries, or dried Wisconsin cranberries, and sweet, local honey to create a fantastic healthy start to the school day.
This is a food service and CACFP recipe for local dairy, local honey, local strawberries, blueberries, and dried Wisconsin cranberries.
Prep and cooking level: Basic.
- Prep Time40 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time50 min
- Serving Size6.5 oz
- Energy347 cal
- HAACP Process1
- 400 ounces (12.5 32oz containers) Vanilla, low-fat yogurt, or Greek Yogurt
- 7.25 lbs dried cranberries OR
- 36 1/3 lbs Frozen mixed fruit, thawed and drained OR
- 35 lbs sliced/whole fresh Strawberries, Gooseberries, Bkueberries or other seasonal, fresh berries
- 50 Tbsp (25 oz) Local Honey
- 6 1/4 lbs granola, oats and honey, nut free
Line up 6 oz cups on a workspace counter, or on sheet pans.
Layer parfaits in order:
4 oz local, low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon, or a drizzle, of local honey
1/4 cup of chopped fresh or frozen fruit OR a 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
And top with 1 oz of granola for a tasty local dairy parfait!
This recipe has provided nutrition information based on the use of low-fat, vanilla yogurt (11 grams of protein per 8 oz), Quaker 100% Natural Oats and Honey Granola, and dried, sweetened cranberries.
Should you prefer to use a different brand/type of yogurt or granola, or use frozen USDA mixed fruits in place of cranberries, please re-evaluate the nutrition information for your version of this recipe.
- 100 servings per container
- Serving Size6.5 oz
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat5.4 g6.92%
- Saturated Fat3.2 g16%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Cholesterol5.9 mg1.97%
- Sodium89.3 mg3.88%
- Total Carbohydrate71.2 g25.89%
- Dietary Fiber3.8 g13.57%
- Total Sugars52.4 g
- Protein8.5 g17%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)1.1 IU0.14%
- Calcium228 mg17.54%
- Iron1 mg5.56%
- Potassium393 mg8.36%
- Vitamin A50.1 mcg5.57%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)1.1 mg1.22%