BBQ PORK & APPLE KEBABS
BBQ at its best!
This is an autumn family recipe for apples.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1½ pounds (about 1½ inches each) pork tenderloin, halved lengthwise and cut into 16 cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
Heat grill to medium-high, or preheat oven to 425 F.
In a large bowl, combine jam, vinegar, tomato paste, and 1 tablespoon oil.
Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Assemble 4 long skewers, alternating 4 pork cubes with 2 onion wedges and 2 apple wedges on each, beginning with pork and ending with apple.
Roll skewers in remaining tablespoon oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly oil grates or a flat cookie sheet.
For outdoor grill: Place skewers on grill; cover grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until grill marks are visible, 6 to 8 minutes.
For indoor oven: Place skewers on the sheet; bake, turning occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
Baste skewers with sauce, and cook, turning skewers and basting occasionally with more sauce until pork is no longer pink in the center and is nicely glazed, 4 to 8 minutes more.
Serve over rice or orzo pasta.
- 4 servings per container
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*