You can include dairy on the salad bar or on a breakfast bar as a protein, incorporated into as a side dish or a bakery item, in a cold beverage such as a smoothie, in a breakfast entree such as a yogurt parfait, or as a taste test item. Included on this website are featured curriculum connections for dairy, along with recipes for food service departments and for students and their families.
Registered Feeding and Garden Sites:
Click here to get to your password protected page with all of the resources you need!
What do registered sites get?
- A seasonal calendar with featured food options for each of the four seasons in Illinois
- Fun Facts and Nutrition Facts for over twenty foods!
- Drag and drop language for school and community communications
- Harvest of the Month icons for your menu grids, webpage, social media accounts, and take home communications
- Curricular activities for various K-5 levels
- Booklist for teachers
- Recipes for food service, families at home, and recipe cards for local stores
- Monthly emails with seasonal featured foods, cafeteria celebration tips, and ideas, recipes for CACFP, foodservice and home, fun facts and nutrition facts
- An Extension Kit to take your Harvest of the Month program into your community!
- Technical assistance for procurement, incorporation of foods and recipes into your meal program, garden program or culinary arts program, and general program assistance