You can include carrots in the salad bar, as a part of another dish, as a stand-alone side dish, or as a taste test item. Included on this website are featured curriculum connections for carrots, along with recipes for food service departments and for students and their families.
Registered School Districts:
Click here for your page with all the resources you need.
What do registered school districts get?
- A seasonal calendar with featured food options for each of the four seasons in Illinois
- Fun Facts and Nutrition Facts for over twenty foods!
- Drag and drop language for school and community communications
- Harvest of the Month icons for your menu grids, webpage, social media accounts, and take home communications
- Curricular activity for various K-5 levels
- Booklist for teachers
- Recipes for food service, families at home, and recipe cards for local stores
- Monthly emails with seasonal foods, celebration tips, and ideas, recipes for CACFP, foodservice and home, fun facts and nutrition facts
- An Extension Kit to take your Harvest of the Month program into your community!
- Technical assistance for procurement, incorporation of foods into your meal program, garden program or culinary arts program, and general program assistance