You can include shredded cabbage blended with lettuce on the salad bar, as a part of a hot side dish, as a stand-alone cold side dish like creamy coleslaw, as an ingredient in soups and stews, or as a taste test item. Included on this website are featured curriculum connections for cabbage, along with recipes for food service and early childcare.
Are you a registered site?
Click here to get your password protected page with all the resources you need.
What do registered sites get?
- A seasonal calendar with featured food options for each of the four seasons in Illinois
- Fun Facts and Nutrition Facts for over thirty foods!
- Harvest of the Month featured item icons for your menu grids, web page, social media accounts, and take-home communications
- Curricular activities, book lists and other educational activities for various education levels
- Recipes for food service, families at home, and early childhood
- A monthly Harvest Tips email with seasonal featured foods chock-full of celebration tips and ideas; recipes for early childhood and food service; fun facts and nutrition facts; and ways to grow, menu and share featured foods
- An Extension Kit to take your Harvest of the Month program into your community with take-home recipes and surveys, a grocery store kit containing recipe card templates and signage for produce displays
- Technical assistance for procurement; incorporation of foods and recipes into your meal program, garden program or culinary arts program; general program assistance and an opportunity to share your program’s progress with others through voluntary case studies
Register HERE to access all of our resources! Contact us directly with any questions.