You can include blueberries in a salad bar, as a part of a plated salad, as an ingredient in a hot or cold side dish, incorporated into a bakery item, in a cold beverage such as a smoothie, or as a taste test item. Included on this website are featured curriculum connections for blueberries, along with recipes for food service and early childcare.
Are you a registered site?
Click here to get to your password protected page with all of the resources you need!
What do registered sites get?
- A seasonal calendar with featured food options for each of the four seasons in Illinois
- Fun Facts and Nutrition Facts for over thirty foods!
- Harvest of the Month featured item icons for your menu grids, web page, social media accounts, and take-home communications
- Curricular activities, book lists and other educational activities for various education levels
- Recipes for food service, families at home, and early childhood
- A monthly Harvest Tips email with seasonal featured foods chock-full of celebration tips and ideas; recipes for early childhood and food service; fun facts and nutrition facts; and ways to grow, menu and share featured foods
- An Extension Kit to take your Harvest of the Month program into your community with take-home recipes and surveys, a grocery store kit containing recipe card templates and signage for produce displays
- Technical assistance for procurement; incorporation of foods and recipes into your meal program, garden program or culinary arts program; general program assistance and an opportunity to share your program’s progress with others through voluntary case studies