BBQ Spice Blend
Make your own spice blends and save money while lowering sodium and additives!
This is a food service and CACFP recipe for Spice It Up seasoning blends!
Cooking and prep level: Basic.
- Prep Time15 min
- Yield1 1/3 cup
- HAACP Processno cook
- ½ cup brown sugar (not packed)
- ½ cup paprika, or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Combine all ingredients. Label and store in an air-tight bag or container.
Bring on the BBQ flavoring! Don’t be afraid of a spicy mix. You can adjust this recipe to decrease, or increase, the level of heat desired. Make it your own by adding your own personal favorites like smoked spices, ethnic spices, or specialty spice blends.