This is a January or March school recipe for apples.
This recipe is rated BASIC for the level of prep.
- 4 lbs Cornmeal, whole grain yellow, enriched
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 6 Whole Eggs, Large
- 16 oz Canola Oil
- 64 oz Yogurt, plain lowfat
- 16 oz Honey, pure
- 8 oz Sugar, brown
- 2 lbs Cheddar Cheese, shredded, USDA reduced fat
- 2 lbs Cranberries, dried sweetened
- 4 lbs Apples, peeled & diced, Granny Smith or other firm fleshed variety
- Pan Spray
- CCP: Preheat conventional oven to 375- F
- Lightly grease muffn pans with vegetable oil cooking spray, or insert muffin liners
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a mixer at low speed, beat eggs. Add oil, yogurt and honey.
- Add the cheese, cranberries, brown sugar and apples to egg mixture and mix on low speed.
- While mixer is running, add dry ingredients slowly, combining well.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups using a #16 scoop- one scoop per cup.
- CCP: Bake muffins for 30 minutes, rotating once during baking. Tops should be golden and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Shortly rest the muffins, then serve warm or at room temp.
A peck of apples weighs 10.5 pounds.
A bushel of apples weighs approximately 42 pounds.
Want to learn more about apples? Visit: ilffarmbureaupartners/apple facts