This is a November, January or March school recipe for cabbage or apples.
Cooking and Prep Level: Basic.
- 7 lbs. 6 oz Green cabbage, shredded and chilled
- 6 lbs 8 oz Apples, Gala, 125-138 ct, chopped skin on
- 3 lbs Cranberries, dried
- 1 cup Lemon Juice, fresh
- 2 cups Oil, olive or canola
- 1 cup Vinegar, apple cider
- 1⅓ cups Honey
- 1½ cups Apple Cider, fresh
- Shred cabbage and refrigerate. Drain before combining.
- Chop apples, place apples in lemon juice. Toss to coat to prevent browning.
- Combine cold, shredded drained cabbage, apples and cranberries. Toss to mix. Set aside.
- Combine vinegar, apple cider and honey. Whisk in oil to incorporate. Taste for seasonings, adjust ingredients if too tart or too sweet.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture, tossing to coat. Taste, adjust seasonings if needed.
- Place in hotel pans, 1 for 50 servings, 2 for 100 servings.
- CCP: Cool to a minimum of 41*F within 4 hours
- CCP: Hold at a minimum of 41*F through service.
- Portion: ½ cup #8 scoop